Bachelor Of Education
In India, Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) is an under graduate course offered for those interested in pursuing a career in teaching. The B.Ed. degree is mandatory for teaching at the secondary (classes 9 and 10) and higher secondary (10+2 or classes 11 and 12). The minimum qualification required for entry into B.Ed. course is Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) or Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.).
B.Ed. – Bachalour in Education
A Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) is an undergraduate professional degree which prepares students for work as a teacher in schools, though in some countries additional work must be done in order for the student to be fully qualified to teach.
Eligibility:Minimum 50% in graduation/post graduation for general category, 45% for ST/SC category Duration: 2 Years
M.A. (Education) – Master of Arts in Education
is a postgraduate course whose duration is generally of 2 Years with 4 Semesters. The duration and the semester system may vary as per institutes rules and regulation. M.A. Education is available in Regular and Correspondence mode of education. The course is supposed to be completed by a candidate in a minimum of 2 years time and in a maximum of 5 years time, this time may vary. M.A. Education is basically a theoretical course which focuses on the basic knowledge of theory and practice of educational thought and processes accumulated around the discipline of education.
Eligibility:Grauduate or Equivalent in Respecitve field Duration: 2 Years
Social Sceince majors have a wide range of fascinating and high-earning career paths available to them, including many roles that require creativity in addition to practical knowledge and technical traning. they can explore themselves as:
- Teaching Jobs as TGT and PGT – There are two categories of teaching posts you can get after doing your B.Ed. First is of TGTs ( Masters / Mistresses ). For getting the jobs as TGT, the candidates need to do Graduation and then B.Ed in the concerned subjects
- M.Ed or MA Education – You can also pursue higher degree in education. It means you can do M.Ed or MA in Education. The duration of M.Ed is one year whereas for MA Education it is two years.
- Education Officer – After doing B.Ed, you can also apply as Education Officer in some most Prestigious Schools. You job will be to see to education related affairs in the concerned institution.
- Counselor – You can also manage to get the job of Counselor in any of the prestigious institutions. Here your job will be to provide counselor to the needed students. You can also have private office as a Counselor. There is much demand of Counselors there days.
- Start your Own school – This is also a good opportunity to start own school after B.Ed.