This policy explains what information we gather when you visit the University’s central web site, and explains how that information is used. It is important for you to appreciate that the central web site provides extensive links to other independent sites, both within the University and elsewhere. This policy applies only to direct accesses to the central web site – URLs starting http://maujaipur.org. You will need to consult the appropriate information on other sites for information on their policies.
In common with most web sites, this site automatically logs certain information about every request made of it (see below for more details). This information is used for system administration, for bug tracking, and for producing usage statistics. The logged information may be kept for up to two years.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- 1. Information that you provide by filling in forms provided on this website for a specific purpose. By supplying this information you are consenting to the University holding and using it for the purposes for which it was provided.
- 2. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
The following data is automatically collected for each request:
- 1. The name or network address of the computer making the request. Note that under some (but not all) circumstances it may be possible to infer from this the identity of the person making the request. Note also that the data recorded may be that of a web proxy rather than that of the originating client.
- 2. The username, when known during authenticated (logged in) access to the site.
- 3. The date and time of connection.
- 4. The HTTP request, which contains the identification of the document requested.
- 5. The status code of the request (success or failure etc.).
- 6. The number of data bytes sent in response.
- 7. The contents of the HTTP Referrer header supplied by the browser.
- 7. The content of the HTTP User-Agent header supplied by the browser.
Disclosure and uses of personal information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- 1. to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device by gathering aggregate information about our users using it to analyse the effectiveness and popularity of this website.
- 2. to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- 1. if we have obtained your consent to do so.
- 2. when we are required or authorised by law, court order, regulatory or governmental authority to disclose your personal data.
- 3. if required to protect the rights, property or safety of the University of Cambridge, its members or others