Department of Physiotherapy
Physiotherapy is a part of rehabilitative medicine. It focuses on the use of physical therapy, massages, physical movements and exercise to improve and cure injuries, deformities and diseases. Along with rehabilitation, some other important sections of physiotherapy are- diagnosis, examination and assessment of the condition. Unlike the traditional branches of medicine, physiotherapy doesn’t rely extensively on the use of drugs and medicine. Instead, it relies on the use of physical treatment to improve the situation Physiotherapists help patients rehabilitate from a state of incapacity due to genetic defect or the result of an accident or illness. Hence, you must have thorough knowledge of the human anatomy and the intricacies of bones, muscles and nerves.
BPT - Bachelor of Physiotherapy
The Bachelor of Physiotherapy is a four-year full time academic program. After passing the fourth year of education, the student will undergoes a six months period of compulsory rotatory internship in various Hospitals.
Eligibility:10+2 in Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology) with minimum 45% marks (General Category) & 40% marks (SC/ST) Duration:4½ years
MPT - Master of Physiotherapy
The Master Degree in Physiotherapy is a two years full time program consisting of modern teaching, self academic activities and clinical postings. In the first year, students learn about the fundamentals of Physiotherapy and other Bio medicals, Research Methodology & Biostatistics. In the second year, the students will be at per the specialization learning under clinical conditions, physiotherapy assessment and advanced techniques in their specialty.
Eligibility:BPT with minimum 50% marks Duration:2 years (1 Year Course work and 1 Year Clinical Training)
Physiotherapists are required to maintain close physical contact with their patients; they must not shy away from such closeness, or be unwilling to demonstrate exercise methodology. Compassion, empathy, friendliness, good communication and patience are a must.
- Clinical Physiotherapist in Multi-specialty Hospitals, Health Care Centers, NGO.
- Physiotherapist in Special Schools for Physically Challenged Children.
- Physiotherapist in Old Age (Residential) Homes.
- Sports Physiotherapists in Sports Clubs, Sports Team, and individually hired physiotherapist by elite athletes.
- Entrepreneur in Rehabilitation Center, Health Organization.
- Private Practitioner by establishing your own Physiotherapy clinics and deliver home care to Needy Patients.
- Academician in upcoming Universities and Colleges.
- Clinical Researcher in Researches funded by Govt. of India and foreign organizations, Agencies and other professional bodies.
- An option to provide Social Services to Community development programs run by different agencies.